You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Monday, May 19, 2008

40mm scale sawmill











This was free-form built; I worked at a sawmill, so I had an idea of the basic layout. The steam engine was built almost a year ago for this piece. The hardest bit to build was the carriage for hauling the cants pat the sawblade. I wanted a dremel cutting blade to be my saw blade, but I couldn;t find one and wanted to get the sawmill finished, so I used a metal washer instead. I'll replace it with a proper cutting blade once I get a hold of one.

No comments:

Post a Comment