You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Thursday, July 8, 2010

54mm Waiteri tribe: The Chief!



Oh boy, I like this one! The random leopard print turned out ok, but I'm really happy with the look of his fur cape liner with all the animal paintings in it. Each animal can be improved a bit (and I will do a little touch up later), but the look is exactly what I wanted.

I like the rest of the chief as well. To me, all the parts work together; there is no question that, if you look at at the rest of the tribe and then at this figure, THIS is the chief. And really, that's what I wanted to do.

The next few figures will arrive sometime next week. I'll see if I can finish a couple other 28mm figures before the new tribal members arrive. I especially want to finish my Rackham barbarian shaman (featured in my Flesh recipe post from just a few days ago.)

3 comments:

  1. He looks great and the animal prints was a master stroke idea and you pulled it off with flying colors.Just wonderful!

    Cheers
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the work you have done here is simply amazing. I've admired your other projects but this one is just sublime.

    ReplyDelete