You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Monday, December 21, 2009

42mm samurai: Ashigaru loading arquebus


The first of my black-armored figures. I'll do this ashigaru, an ashigaru bowman and one or two samurai with black armor; maybe I'll do some different color lacings. I'm not trying to paint figures to be all part of one army, but I am trying to paint them enough to split into two motley groups for skirmishing: Red armor vs. black armor.
I DO like this palette of black, green and light blue. It may be worth repeating for another ashigaru or two (after I order more :)
I still haven't decided on a mon, and now I'm thinking they really don't need one; I think the figures look just fine without.

These have really been a joy to paint up. I think I may treat myself to a few more for my birthday comin' up here in a couple days.

Here's a better pic to illustrate the size of these figures. The other figure is a Games Workshop Empire gunner. He stands 28mm from foot to eye (an industry standard):

No comments:

Post a Comment