You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ghostbusters: Treyentacle and shoggoth, done and done

"Mom, I found it on another plane of reality! Can we keep it? Please? Pleeease?"

Believe me, you, the treyentacle looks a lot better in person. The flesh turned out just about how I wanted. The protoplasm is a touch cartoony, but then again, this figure is meant to be another supernatural being for my Ghostbusters to hunt.

Note to self: I know how to make tentacles now.

I also painted up the shoggoth. It's ok. I gave it green eyes to give it's tar-like body a little bit of variety in color. I also added glass varnish for that wet tar look, though tar isn't necessarily THAT shiny. Oh well, I could matte varnish over it, or just try something different later ... I'll leave it and try something different later.

Note to self: My first Lovecraftian creature. Neato.
"Poor penguin never knew what hit him. Or, he knew only too well."

I think if I get into the greenstuff like this again, I'll try to make a flying polyp. It shouldn't be too difficult; I can make it using the same techniques I used with the shoggoth and the treyentacle. But it will probably take a while; I'd want to work on it in layers, and I haven't sculpted much, if anything, in multiple layers.

2 comments:

  1. Once again, that ghostbuster's expression makes these photos.

    He's all like.
    "*sigh* 'frikkin' Shoggoths..."

    ReplyDelete