You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Sunday, January 17, 2010

42mm samurai: Peasant advancing with yari


I painted this one up a little faster than I should have, but I wanted to get the ball rolling on this batch of samurai. I may order another couple of peasants and do head swaps. I like this one's pose and the other's head; If I get another, I'd have this one carrying a lantern (for my unarmored samurai). I'll look for just the right bead for a lantern, otherwise, I'll just roll one up with some Sculpey.

I've also got a couple ashigaru started, so there should be at least a couple more posts coming up this week. I'll paint this batch in a similar order as the last group (easiest to hardest- peasant to samurai.)

Also, with most of the accessories (that I had planned) done, I can move on to building the house pretty soon. I have plans; I need to tweak them a bit and figure out if I want to (or if I'm even able to) make working sliding doors.

The only other items I had planned are lanterns, a koi pond and a roadside shinto shrine (which I was going to build if I wasn't going to build the small temple.) Things are gettin' done!

No comments:

Post a Comment