You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ghostbusters: Yeah, just ONE more figure. But it's a BIG'UN

Ray. What did you DO, Ray??


So, yes, I finally pulled the trigger on this. Someone on one of the forums mentioned I'd be sorry if I missed the opportunity to get this. I feel sorry that I didn't get one of those Hallmark ornament Ecto-1s before their price went premium. I'm happy with this figure; he's big, perfect, I think, for gaming Ghostbusters with. The best part is that I didn't have to paint or assemble this figure. All I did was fill him with a few pennies to help weight him down. (He's already a decent weight, and balances well, though, in case you're wondering.)

I think I will eventually model a street base for him. I'll probably keep it simple, though a smashed taxi would be nice. That, or bits of a church (if you've seen the movie.)

12 comments:

  1. He really does complete the set you've created. Awesome! Putting him on a base does sound like a neat idea, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,definitely fits the part I'd say.Hilarious!

    Cheers
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool, but I don't think he's going to fit in the case.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! I vote for a base though, it'll tie him in with the other miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are there rules out there for Ghostbusters? I'd never given it any thought, but this is such a full recreation, it's got me wondering how they'd play.

    Thanks for putting this up - I'll bet it was an easy decision, and it seems you've made a lot of people happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, they DO have a game. Ganesha Games (who does Song of Blades) has a standalone game called Fear and Faith which is a skirmish games specifically for humans, ghosts and monsters (mummies, vampires, werewolves, Lovecraftian beings, zombies, cultists etc etc etc ((and I DO mean etc.))

    That wasn't enough to pull me in- what sealed the deal for me is that they are working on an expansion called "Ghost Rangers." I think you can guess what that covers.

    Fear and Faith can be found as a PDF download (between $7 and $10, depending on where you find it.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zanazaz: Hmm, true- he won't fit in the case- but I bet I can turn him into a case :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply amazing! That model is a fitting addition to your wonderful set!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Evilcartoonist - Thanks very much! I'll give that a look. I wonder if there was a tie-in too, either at the time or later. On the basis of this game existing, it seems like an opportunity missed if not. Having said that, the opportunity then falls to smaller designers like this, which presumably benefit from the greater freedom, with less potential for treading on licensed toes.

    ReplyDelete