You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Saturday, July 31, 2010

54mm Waiteri tribe: Chief scout


Here's my last scout, a young women in a leopard skin -- perhaps a daughter of the chief -- on the prowl.

I inked her face, but it seemed to muddy things up a bit; it's not very evident in the photo (I DID try a bit of repair work). But I think I will go back and start with the base color and redo her face. Otherwise, another satisfying member of the tribe.

I just have one more to go, my atlatl thrower, and I'm looking forward to adding war paint to one more figure. I tried leaving more skin showing on this next figure to make space for the war paint.

In the meantime, I've added a lot of growth to Conan's base as well as painted his loincloth. His hair, leathers and sword still need paint. Also, I've played a bit with the mammoth armature to try to get the proportions right with the torso and legs: It's tougher than I'd thought it would be. Maybe I should be measuring more and eyeballing less. NAH!

1 comment: