You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Nile river steamer update



OK, so as far as it is coming, the class of ship my recent project most resembles, I would say, is that of a turn-of-the-century Nile river steamer. But this one is meant for rivers across the world including the Congo, the Yangtze and the Amazon.

I ordered a few extra bits- liferings, hatches, wheel and anchor- that will be arriving in he next few days. I still need to hunt down a gun for the foredeck, and a couple machineguns. I'd like some Lewis guns, but it looks like my best bet will be maxim machineguns. I hope to be able to get the armament from Copplestone Castings.

She still has no name, but I have a few ideas: Fleuve Perdu (French for Lost River); Kurtz (after the famous Heart of Darkenss character); S.S. Reckless, a good pulp name; S.S. Daring- also pulpish; and the Sophie, just a nice woman's name.

1 comment:

  1. For your armament have you tried Eureka - the have a Hotchkiss and Nordenfelt on pedestals for your Lewis gund try Aeroclub

    ReplyDelete