You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Saturday, March 27, 2010

54mm Gladiators: Boxer



And here's the other boxer. He's a touch smaller than the other fella, but the Romans didn't have weight classes in boxing. So this little scrapper is gonna have to work a little harder to fell his opponent.

This was a straightforward paint job. There's no conversion work here; this is how the figure comes, and this is how I painted him.

And that's it for all the gladiators I had on my table! I guess I'll have to order more. I hope Harold doesn't mind spinning me a few more. I should have made one giant order to make it worth his time; I feel bad about ordering just a few figures at a time- from most places really, not just Blackcat.

I hope some of you all are trying out some larger scale stuff- if not, you're missing something nice. It's relaxing and easy. I was afraid that returning to the 28mm stuff would be difficult, but it's quite the opposite. The brush control is still there, and as I paint, I realize, "Hey, I don't have so much surface area to cover now- I'm done!"

No comments:

Post a Comment