You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Friday, June 18, 2010

54mm Waiteri tribe: Naked warrior


Here's my first warrior. Not much to say. I'm happy with the end result, and based on the results of this figure and the shaman, I think the rest of the tribe is going to turn out just fine. I'm still not sure if I'm going to give the whole tribe some warpaint; it works with this guy because he has enough skin to make the paint look effective, but other figures, such as the scouts for example, I don't think need the warpaint.

The base is unfinished as well; I was in a hurry to get this posted. Later, I'll touch up the base with some lighter patches of static grass, and topped off with a few grass tufts (I got a couple packages of the new ones from Army Painter; They work just fine.)

I won't do this for all the figures, but here's a quick stage-by-stage look at how this figure shaped up:



In the meantime, I've been searching for a good dog or two to add to the tribe. I have a few from Reaper, but they are a touch small. They'll work fine as small dogs, but I still want some big, hunting dogs. I'm also still thinking about how to go about sculpting a mammoth; Still looking around for the right armature wire.

2 comments:

  1. This base would make a great Xandr figure. Do you sell these?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't sell these, but you can find the "dollies" at Bronze Age Miniatures. Look under "Generics." They come in either 32mm or 54mm: http://www.bronzeagemin.com/

    ReplyDelete