You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Friday, December 31, 2010

Ghostbusters: Mummy


Mummies are good and easy to paint. I usually just go for a straight 3-layer technique. With this one, I tried a little bit of light-and-shade combination, Foundry colors storm blue for the shaded half of the mummy and scarlett for the lighted half. A quick overbrushing of arctic grey over the storm blue and canvas highlight over the scarlett, a quick painted base, and I called it done. It took all of 10 minutes of drybrushing to put out a nice little mummy.


I also liked this sculpt, a little different take on the usual fair, this one with his entire body covered in wrappings. I got this one from a "classic" pack of Reaper figures: No. 3523 Classic Mummies.

Next up, maybe, are some zombies. These will be my first zombies, so I need to do just a bit of research, mostly to decide what kind of skin tones I'll go with (pallid? gray? still warm?) For a preview, I'll be painting these Reaper zombies: No. 3471 Zombies.

No comments:

Post a Comment