You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Wednesday, December 23, 2009

42mm samurai: Ninja kneeling (with Kusama gari)


Here's a pretty sweet ninja figure by Steve Barber, crouched, kusama sickle tucked close under his leg, ready to leap into action. This is also the figure that pushed me to buy the long reeds you have already seen on a couple of the other samurai. Here, the reeds/tallgrass is shown at full-heighth (uncut).
I've finished another ninja, but the Foundry black paint I used has a glossy finish, so it was reflecting the light something fierce. Once I get a matte coat on it, I'll get a pic posted. That may not be for a bit; I varnish figures in packs.
Other than that, I didn't do anything special with this ninja; I just added a couple layers of dark grey highlights, then picked out details such as the kusama chain and a coupe ties.
Still, for as little work that went into it, this is one of my favorites of the samurai figs.

1 comment: