You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Painting a Copplestone adventurer in black and white


So here we have our primed mini ready to take on his full-color gray persona. Now here's the trick to painting in Black and White: The willingness to do it. If you know how to paint, you can paint your minis in black and white. But there needs to be a willingness to follow through. It was difficult for me at first, because I was going to do this with my Copplestone Gangsters which aren't exactly cheap. One mini painted by itself in B&W can be a nice novelty, and something fun to keep on your shelf, but I prefer going all out and creating an entire world in B&W. And everything involved with my gangsters, indeed, is B&W, the cars, the newsstand (even the dice, cards and custom-made battlemat I made for the game for which my miniatures were painted.) It wasn't just B&W miniatures- it was a B&W experience- and it seemed to work.

A note before we get started: Since everyone uses differing manufacturers of paint, I refer to the colors used here by numbers- No. 1 through No. 6- My scale starts at black- then goes to my darkest gray referred to as No. 1. The next lightest gray is No. 2- and so on to No. 6 which is straight white. So- Lower numbers are darker and higher numbers are lighter.

Let's get painting!

1 comment:

  1. I can do better than the paint job that's on this mini pictured in this post. It's just black. I can get more detail on a mini and I've no hands...or feet....or lips...STOP LAUGHING!

    ReplyDelete