You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Saturday, May 29, 2010

54mm Waiteri tribe: Basing; also a Scale review

I dug out my bases and compared them with the new tribe; Many of the bases worked just fine (40mm seemed to be the best,) but I decided to stick with my original idea of using poker chips. They actually measure close to 40mm. I also like their thickness; that extra material provides just a little more grip on the pin.

Scale Comparison
A friend of mine mentioned that my minis just keep getting bigger and bigger, "pretty soon, you're going to be playing with dolls, Carmen."

Yep, they are getting bigger. I think 54mm is the max-out though; I want stuff to be able to fit in Chessex cases (which I can get easily by painting for store credit at my FLGS.) Anyway, here's a quick review photo of some of the figures, genres and scales I've done. So if you were looking to get into a different scale, here's kind of what they look like next to one another.

* The gladiators stand between 45-50mm. The base is a little higher than the poker chip which makes this gladiator look as tall as my new tribesmen.

No comments:

Post a Comment