You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Friday, July 2, 2010

Caucasian flesh palette

What, no Waiteri tribe?! No, I'm still working on the tribe, in fact, I just sent payment to Bronze Age for the next few figures in my tribe. If I wasn't worried about space, I'd probably have a 50-member tribe :)

Anyway, I wanted to share the flesh color recipe I use for my figures. Actually, the Waiteri tribe is the first set of figures I've used this specific recipe on. (This recipe differs from an earlier one only in the base shade I use; in the older recipe, I started with a mix of Foundry flesh 5A and GW Dwarf flesh.)



There, that's it! Darkest to lightest from left to right. Now you know what to get if you want to try my recipe. Below is a project I've had sitting off to the side for a while, a Rackham Confrontation barbarian. It's difficult to actually see the divisions of paint layers, but, dangit, I took all them photos and pasted them together, I'm gonna use'em! Besides, I like making my blog look nice and flashy sometimes :) Plus, you can get a preview of that figure. I hope to use him in D&D sometime as a shaman.


Anyway, I was thinking about different uses for Bronze Age Miniatures generic figures, and I thought, beyond sculpting, the generic figures would be great for practicing your own flesh recipes! The 54mm figures are big enough to make trying out flesh colors nice and easy- you can paint one up to be your main example model for painting up the rest of your figures. (If you use 28mm figs, you can use the 54mm figure as a giant perhaps.)
If the 54mm figures are beyond your price range, then try Bronze Age's 32mm generic figures; $2.75 a pop isn't bad at all! Well, it's not bad for me. At least on weeks when I don't have to pay for my car to be repaired.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, I was just wondering the other day what paints you were using for your flesh palette.

    ReplyDelete