|Sorry for the crappy focus, but you get the idea :)|
To make these, I used my method of making shields for my 54mm apocalators. You can read about that technique at the end of this blog post. Then I used a needle to inscribe the straw lines into a couple of the hats (leaving the other as a leather jingasa type hat.) And that's all there is to that!
Well, a couple things I'll need to plan for: To fit these hats onto the figures, I'll need to file the tops of the heads a little bit. I'll also need to add straps; I will add those after the hats have been fitted and glued into place.
Next up, I need to make some new weapons for the new figures, including another katana blade, nagimaki (glaive-like polearm), tsuchi (big hammer), ono (axe) and one or two yari (spears - though, I may already have a couple of these in the spare parts box.)
It's gonna be nice to dig out the hammer and anvil again!