Dags over at Frothers mentioned that my samurai have too much static grass (not enough variety) on their bases, so I decided to get a little practice decking out a base.
This is a 40mm base (by Proxie Models). I used concrete rubble and some foliage (by Gale Force 9,) some tall grass from a manufacturer I can't remember, and some two-part epoxy resin for the little pool of water (which is indeed glossy, but somehow didn't reflect any light in these pics.) The flowers are scrap cuts from a floral stem.
I think the base looks great, though, similar results will be difficult when I have a figure on there; there just won't be this kind of space to work with. I'm also not quite sure what to do with this particular base. Maybe it could be a simply objective marker. I figured since it features a small pool of water, it can be the hiding place of the Akizuki gold (for fans of "The Hidden Fortress.")