You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Other painting: Mouse Guard fan art!

 


My wife wanted a painting to hang in her office, something grand, something big to fill a large space on one of the walls, something with a lot going on, or at least some details to be discovered. 

So I settled on a Mouse Guard theme, a series we both very much love. For our honeymoon, we went to Algonquin Provincial Park in Ontario, and fell in love with the scenery, so I chose a vista from the park as my reference for the background of this painting. You can see the tiny patrol mice in the lower portion of the painting crossing at the rocks. 

The painting is 36" square and only took 8-10 hours using acrylic paint. I wish the paint dried faster, then I think I could do it in 6 hours :)

5 comments:

  1. A thing of beauty. I hope she liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is stunning! The warm sunlight on the trees in the background... The interesting jumble of rocks in the stream... The tiny adventurers that you might almost miss if you weren't looking carefully. I love it! She's very lucky.

    ReplyDelete