You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Friday, April 9, 2010

Sorry, nothing new yet

...but I do have some gladiators and a couple Reaper minis ordered. I've also purchased some Reaper Highlanders at my FLGS and have begun work on the other 54mm ACW Confederate on my table.

As for that confederate: I tried painting his pants with a flannel/plaid pattern, and I failed miserably, so I've painted over them. I think I will paint this figure with a simple all-gray scheme. I've already put a gray base over the flannel; I should have at least taken a pic of the failed pattern for posterity- oh well, maybe next time.

Among other things, I dug out my plastic ork Blood Bowl team and had a long, good look at them. They're mostly painted; it would just take a weekend (maybe even one good evening) to finish them up. I've had a long week at work (well, a short week but LONG days), so I haven't had the energy to paint. All I have to do is force myself to pick up the brush for just five minutes, and I'll easily be on another painting binge.

"The spirit is willing, but the body is soft and spongy."

2 comments:

  1. I am taking a break from my painting procrastination to make fun of you for procrastinating. What is it about the first few minutes of painting that it's so hard to get motivated? .... okay, time to paint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe...Yeah, I actually tried to sit down and have a go, but I just wasn't up to it tonight. I better get something painted; I'm about to have a bunch of stuff overwhelming my table.

    ReplyDelete