You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Friday, June 17, 2011

Foundry swashbuckler


Don't worry; I still have that other halberdier sitting on the table. This guy just sneaked in. He was already based and primed, and he fits my current D&D character, so I wanted to paint him up quick to get him into the game.

He comes from Foundry's Elizabethan Sea Dogs range (probably Foundry's last really good range.) I have a few more sea dogs primed and/or based. My original intent a few years ago was to paint up a bunch of random renaissance figures (including some of those older Games Workshop Empire pieces) to play some renaissance street skirmishes (think Romeo and Juliet). I was going to use Two Hour Wargames' Chain Reaction Swordplay ruleset. But I just never got around to finishing these figures, until now. I had around a dozen figures to go. And this week, I've painted 4 of those.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you about foundry for sure. I have the Sea Dogs. They are awesome.

    Something really fun about the Rennaisance. Wandering the streets of Florence, brawling and carousing. Reminds me a little of what I been seeing my son do on Assassins Creed II.

    Nice fig. GW also had a really similar guy long ago in the empire range.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some Montague v. Capulet action would be a nice change of pace. I have more than one figure in my DnD box that could pass for a Renaissance Florentine, I think I'll steal this idea. >yoink< :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely job. These figures have real character and swagger. I think I am going to use mine for skirmishes with Brazilian indians.

    ReplyDelete