You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Wednesday, August 7, 2013

42mm Samurai: Group of samurai wip


Here are a few of the current group of figures I'm working on, showing what conversions I've done. From left to right, I have my yari samurai with his new arm completed, a ronin with a straw hat and a small bundle hanging off his obi, and a samurai to whom I've added simple coat tails to turn his kataginu into a vest.

The new arm wasn't too difficult; it took me two tries, but I think it turned out great. It took some patience to throw that much green stuff. I needed to layer it on, but it worked best to wait for each layer to cure before applying the next. I'm finding that there are some similarities between sculpting and painting: You lay down a base layer. Then add in the more defining shapes, and then finish off with the details. And, as mentioned already, you should wait for each layer to dry before going on to the next.

So this batch is almost done in the conversion stage; I still need to hammer out and add a few katana blades and double check for any mold lines I might have missed. But priming and painting should start sometime before the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment