You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Small update

I've been without internet for a while (a couple months), and it's not so bad; I've been getting reacquainted with some TV, been getting outside for some nice long walks, and I've been getting back to the painting table and canvas. I just haven't been able to update the blog as often as I'd like.

Actually, the past couple weeks, I've slowed a touch on the minis painting, but I still sit down to add a layer or two to whatever is at hand. I hope to have my 40mm samurai baggage carriers and kago bearers finished soo
n, now that I've finally settled on a simple scheme/palette.

I still need to paint the kago/palanquin (which has been started,) but it will take a little more time. It's not difficult to paint, but it will still take a patient hand.

I've also put in a small order from Bronze Age Miniatures for a few more of the 54mm generics; I figured it was time to add to the 54mm post-apoc collection. I have some ideas (which are sketched out on the Posdt-It notes behind my Japanese figures in the photo.)

In the meantime, here's a photo of a Mouse painting I did on my jacket. I was bored and I saw that my jacket was somewhat plain.




2 comments:

  1. Are the baggage figures available as part of Steve Barber's Samurai range? I have not seen them listed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They will be. I commissioned them along with the lady, bodyguard and palanquin (with carriers.)
    Email Steve, and could tell you if he has any available yet.
    He might be waiting for me to get these painted, so he has an image to put in the catalogue :)

    ReplyDelete