You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Smart AND able

Just a quick random from the table. This is a brain in a jar from my copy of Space Cadets: Away Missions (a very fun game, by the way!) I've mounted this brain, however, on a set of robotic legs from my mechanite team (from Dreadball Xtreme.)

Hmm, just a thought, I have other robotic legs (and wheels) from the team and extra brains; I could mount all the brains and make a fun little brain-racing mini game.

All in good time, I've started painting my Mercs Recon figures. I'm trying out some speed-painting techniques. For example, for my Security Force (Secfor) figures, I've drybrushed a dark olive base, then drybrushed from top down with a light olive for a simple highlight. One layer and a highlight for the faces and hands. Black gloves, boots and guns and done! It took me about a half hour to do my 10 secfor figures. Should be faster for the next 10 or 20 when they arrive.

I did a similar technique with one of my Mercs (from the Waza group,) and it seemed to work well. Shouldn't take too long to get everything painted to at least boardgame quality -- and I'll certainly post pics of my Mercs stuff when I get a bunch done.

3 comments: