You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Friday, April 8, 2016

Space Hulk, the other Space Cadets


After painting the few Space Cadets figures in monochrome, I reminded myself that I had an unpainted copy of Space Hulk. It was unpainted because I was looking for a good color scheme for my genestealers. I think I was intent on painting everything in full color when I bought the game last year, but today, I tried a few figures in gray.

I think I will stick with the gray. In fact, monochromatic should just be my default setting for painting bad guys in board games. I will probably paint the rest of the genestealers later tonight. The remaining Space Cadet figures can wait (since I already have a full painted set for that game.)

The figure in the photo were all simply drybrushed, starting with dark gray and working up to light gray/almost white. The skulls were give an extra hit of the almost-white, as were a few of the extra sharp edges and accessories (skulls, wings, emblems.)

The terminators will get a heavy dose of rusty armor -- grizzled veterans. That should help speed them along, too. The terminator in the photo is gray because he is a mission objective, all of which will also be in monochrome.

Edit: Genestealers are done already! And here is the scheme I will apply to my terminators:


2 comments:

  1. That's a pretty unique approach for painting the bad guys. A bit like Sin city, where only the important characters got a swat of colour.
    It will look great on the tabletop though, very cinematic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quick and effective! Mine are taking forever...

    ReplyDelete