You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Saturday, January 12, 2008

transition

So, while I await the mood to strike me to put together a bunch of 15mm scale Tiger tanks, I picked up where I left off (MONTHs ago) on my Back of Beyond 28mm figures. They have been going very fast compared to the 40mm cowboys. Maybe because there's less space to cover with the paint?

I figured it would be a little harder going back to a smaller scale, but if anything, it feels easier! Part of it could be that the sculpts are Copplestone's- a painters figure sculptor. Part of it could be that I am familiar with the subject matter.Part of it could be that the 40mm figures allowed me to loosen up.

Whatever it is, I've been completing 2 or 3 figures a day the past week. I'll post a group picture when I'm finished. I'm working on a pulp Lost World expedition. My interpretation includes a yak train with Tibetan porters, guides, hunters etc. I hope to add a truck to the group soon. All of the group (except for the truck) are Copplestone. He's my all-time favorite (and the reason I started this blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment