You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Thursday, January 17, 2008

Toot toot!


Three guesses as to what I'm building here. I hope I can get it built faster than the last one. The last one's hull sat around for 6 months before I got the guts to plank it and finish it. This one shouldn't be too hard; Just needs to be planked and a couple deckhouses put on it (as well as a pilot house.) I'll eventually have to find a crew as well, but the crew will have to match the scale of Copplestone's figures pretty closely. So we'll see how it goes the next few weeks. I'm predicting only about 20 to 30 hours of actual work on this boat at the most. Planking the hull will take the longest, and adding details (such as anchors, fittings, whistles, pipes, guns etc) will take the second longest. The hull is 29 1/2 inches long with a 5 1/2 inch beam. In (28mm) scale, this puts this ship about 120 feet long with a 22-foot beam (roughly.) I'll use it for games as well as a scenic base for many of my Pulp figures (mostly Copplestone.) Should be fun!!


No comments:

Post a Comment