You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Saturday, February 23, 2013

Dreadball update: Marauder WIP


I've been out of the Dreadball loop for a few weeks- too many distractions (but I love those 42mm samurai.) Anyway, I got another couple layers of paint onto my Marauder team.

The theme I'm going for is a team of junkyard scrappers who've made their own armor. All of their armor is rusted. The next step will be to clean up the figures, painting the no-rusted areas black, so that I can see what I'm doing. I'll probably go back and paint a few random plates of armor as if they're newer pieces. And though the rust theme identifies this as a team, I'm still going to add red markings (though, I may change that to blue- it's not too late to change my mind.)

The goblins will be yellow-skinned (like the OLD-school D&D goblins), maybe a couple green or orange skins. The orcs will be varied- a couple cliche green-skins, another gray (or caucasian to represent an ogre?) and another brown.

Still trying to think of a team name. I'm thinking something along the line of "blank's" Scrappers. Maybe "Skrag's Scrappers." (or shortened to just "The Skrags.")

No comments:

Post a Comment