You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Sunday, October 5, 2014

A day of working on terrain

As I usually do on Sundays, I went to hang out with my friends Bryon and Jenn. Bryon had finished assembling his coastline skirmish board, so we started painting it today. Here are just a few pics of the small amount of work that was done on the board.

The board assembled. This is all Bryon's design, which is turning out pretty sweet.

Bryon adds a basecoat.

Bryon painted the beach, the ocean (classic blue still looks nice), and later the rocks. I added the foam for him.
We found a stopping point to have a couple quick samurai skirmishes on my board. Yep -- plenty of space for 42mm minis.

7 comments:

  1. Impressing piece of coast - the real feeling of a british grey and stormy day!! Good luck for the next steps - I am curious to see the progress!
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, next time I'll do purple or green water on a stormy strangely lit sea, if you do your next pond red for all the samurai blood in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, keeping my pond whatever color it is right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice boards. The new one is coming along very nicely. I quite like the 'classic' dark blue sea and the wavecaps/seafoam is a brilliant touch (especially around the island outcrops). Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh. I think my favorite is that interesting rocky arch. It's very realistic. Nicely painted sea too, I must say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking terrain boards. I love the detail of the Koi in the pond.

    ReplyDelete