You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Satys's Orphans: Librarian

I noticed that everyone -- and I mean EVERYone was painting their Librarian blue, despite the Blood Angels (represented in the Sapce Hulk box set) being red, so I figured, as a novice, something was up, and I better read up on some 40K lore before proceeding with brush.

I found out that indeed, Librarians are painted blue, but I also read that when in terminator armor, they can be the same colors as their comrades. So screw the blue, I went with my Satys green.
OK, I did do the tabard in blue to keep things somewhat "correct."

This was actually one of the easier characters to paint. He was intimidating at first look, but once I started picking items out, I realized there was actually a whole lot to him, especially compared with some of the Blood Angel sculpts -- Most of my cussing while painting many of these figures was over discovering yet more hidden purity seals as I neared the finish. There wasn't much hiding on the Librarian.

Tomorrow night, I will try to finish Chaplain Steuben. He shouldn't take too long; he's dressed all in black, and I use black primer.

2 comments: