You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Sunday, February 19, 2012

Old school AD&D: Cyclops

Here's my old-school cyclops which might make an appearance in my D&D session in a few weeks.
The sculpting, again, was primitive, but the larger size of this figure made it easier to paint than those old goblins.

I only just now realized that I've finished painting some old school goblins and this cyclops, and next on the table are my newer (Reaper) goblins as well as a newer (also Reaper) cyclops. I've started the goblins, and they're already a lot more fun to paint than the old versions were. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of the old school goblins, and they have some wonderful character and nostalgia about them, but from a strict painting opinion, I find the newer stuff much more enjoyable to actually paint.

2 comments:

  1. Rodger Waters called, and he wants his likeness back.

    http://top-people.starmedia.com/tmp/swotti/cacheCM9NZXIGD2F0ZXJZ/imgRoger%20Waters2.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rodger Waters called, he wants his likeness back.

    http://top-people.starmedia.com/tmp/swotti/cacheCM9NZXIGD2F0ZXJZ/imgRoger%20Waters2.jpg

    ReplyDelete