You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Monday, June 30, 2014

Red Samurai


My new shipment of samurai from Steve Barber arrived today, and while clearing off the table, I discovered this guy sitting off to the side with a partial paint job. So I finished him during a rainy afternoon.
This figure is actually a conversion of a samurai who is drawing his katana.

I kept the palette simple with two colors -- red and white. The red came out lovely, and I almost left the figure entirely in red. But I wanted him to be just a little more garish to fit in with the Edo gangs. So I painted up a simple fern pattern along the hems of the hakama and haori.

The new shipment includes a new sculpt. I'll try to get him painted up later this week. After this next batch is painted up, I'll have plenty to do some samurai gang battles.

5 comments: