You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Samurai: Priest and Bandit



Nothing much done with these two, except for the usual custom-hammered weapons. Otherwise, I used the yamabushi head on a ronin body to create a yamabushi/follower of Shugendo armed with a katana. And I used one of the samurai heads on the body of a bandit. I like him; despite the flowery kimono, he has a little bit of attitude with his head tilted slightly down.

No more samurai for the time being, though, Steve has finished sculpting another, and I have him working on a couple extra heads for some variety. So they'll certainly return in the near future. I'm not sure what else I'll be working on. I've been busy filling my sketchbook with landscapes and other non-minis related art. Maybe I should throw together a few more things for Tusk.

2 comments: