You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Friday, April 1, 2011

Street Corner: The Streets of Arcadia

Arcadia is the name of a homebrew setting I created using the Savage Worlds system. Most of the Street Corner project is to provide figures for playing that game. Anyway, with the project finished, here are a few promised group shots before we finally part ways with these figures for a while.

THE STREETS OF ARCADIA; THE DAY IS YOUNG.
IN THE BACKSTREETS, SOME SPORTSMEN WAGER A FEW DOLLARS ON SMOKERS.
...BUT THE POLICE ARE QUICK TO BREAK IT UP -- BUT IT'S AN AMBUSH!!
THE BATTLE IS FULLY JOINED WHEN GAFFNEY AND HIS CREW UNLEASH THE HEAVY ARTILLERY.
ALL THE FIGURES FROM THE STREET CORNER PROJECT
 (INCLUDING SMOKERS ON THE RIGHT AND TRAMP STEAMER CREW ON THE LEFT
CLICK ON THE PHOTO FOR A MEGA-SIZED PIC




15 comments:

  1. That is stunning work. Wow. Great photography as well! I reall like how you've captured the setting.

    regards,

    Mikko/DotL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just fantastic work. Loving the group shots. Very inspirational for me to try putting together small "single game" sets of figs and terrain. Much to muse on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic work.... As usual!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well... WOW! :D

    Simply Fantastic! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely superb, thank you. I have really enjoyed watching the progress of this project. I hope you find time to share some of the action from Arcadia.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing !
    Magnifique (in french in the text ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  7. May I ask how you made the piles of newspapers on the newspaper stand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The newspapers were just a quick photoshopped front page on the end of an accordion folded strip of paper. I think I did about 25 of them and only used 7 or 8. Real easy to make! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! you must have a pretty huge display cabinet?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Unfortunately, I don't have a large display cabinet; I have a closet full of filled Chessex cases.

    I do have a shelf on which I rotate my collections. And my river steamer is its own shelf :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely Amazing!!!!
    All the process was incredible!
    May I ask where did you take those cars from?
    And, if meant for playing, which set of rules will you use?

    Definetly this blog is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the compliments! I'm glad you like the blog. Feel free to look around. I have posts going back four or five years.

    The cars I found at Walmart a few years ago. The manufacturer is "NM Toys," and the cars were WWII German Staff Cars. I haven't been able to find any more since I bought these.

    ReplyDelete