You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Monday, December 30, 2013

42mm Samurai: Foot bridge


I put together this simple foot bridge as a side project, during those little moments of waiting for paint or glue to dry. I had intended to put rails on it, but decided against it, because they would have added a modicum of fragility to the piece. Even without the rails, I think the bridge looks nice, and it's certainly functional.

The long beams (bass wood) were all soaked in water for a few minutes and then gently bent and held into shape on a jig I built for this job. Later I laid all the planks (strips of mat board). A few coats of red paint, and the bridge was done.
I still have the jig, so if I decide to add rails later, I can bend some new wood strips to the same camber as these.

1 comment: