You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sepia tone: Basic recipe


I tried out some colors from my paint rack to test some sepia tone palettes. This is my first try and probably the one I'll stick with when I paint up some of my pulp stuff. Here are the color I used (Vallejo Model Colors):

Black
German Black Brown 150
Chocolate Brown 149
Flat Earth 143
Increasing amounts of White + Flat Earth for highlights

7 comments:

  1. I think you should go with an off white rather than a pure white, maybe even consider not using any white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm only using the white to lighten up the flat earth. I won't be using the white by itself.

      Delete
  2. A new project to look forwards to following. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, I like the sepia look a lot. Next up is going for a desaturated, 1970s tv look ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy, now that's a challenge. I have one or two ideas on painting my zombivors for Zombicide, but I might actually have a go at the "desaturated' look.

      Delete
  4. Such a simple idea, but fantastic in the execution

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think he looks great; wish I had the imagination to think of it myself lol

    ReplyDelete