You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Zombicide painting is under way (and Santa!)


I'm not going to paint all the zombies in one go; that would get a little overwhelming, and might get in the way of other projects as my whims stray. But after finishing this group up, I think I have a good chance of finishing the rest.

This batch took a couple sittings (maybe 2 to 3 hours total) to paint up. I think I will paint the zombies in batches of 20-30. This will help keep the project manageable, yet moving along.

The keen eye might notice here that most of these figures are actually berserker sculpts. I want to a Walk of the Dead box, but the local store only had the berserker box.

Then I had my eureka moment, realizing I was going to paint over these anyway. So now my normal zombies have even more diverse poses. Also, I used a little green stuff to turn a fatty into Santa.

Other stuff: I have some more 42mm samurai on the way from Steve Barber. Brand new (multipart) sculpts. We'll get into those later.

5 comments:

  1. You have inspired me to use this style of painting on my Z'ds great stuff keep them coming

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I like the B&W look to the zombies... damn. I can't really start doing that for the season 2 models as I've already done season 1 in colour :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look fantastic especially all clumped together in a horde :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is definitely one of my favourite projects to watch as it grows. Love the Zombie-Santa BTW! Great stuff. Keep us posted, please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's film noir on the tabletop! Awesome stuff!

    ReplyDelete