You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Monday, March 28, 2011

Elf sniper and D&D Classes


No, I'm not done with the Street Corner project, I just wanted to take a quick break from it before finishing up the last few figures. In the mean time, I pulled this fellow out of the lead mountain (he was already based and primed,) and painted him up. This is actually my second try at this figure; I gave my first one to Jeff. Really, the only change from the first one to this one is that I wanted to give him a longer bow and use some more traditional colors.


I've been randomly acquiring figures to represent some of the original classes from Dungeons and Dragons. I have most of them up to 4th Edition. I'm only a few figures shy of having a representative miniature for all the basic classes (core rules and players handbook), but I'm not going to do 4th Edition; there's just too many damn classes in that edition. Since I'm doing the archetype classes, that is why I decided to have fun and go all cliche with the colors (at least for this elven ranger.)
To finish out the old edition classes (basic classes through 3rd edition), I think all I need are a bard, druid, mystic and sorcerer. (I have a barbarian and monk, they're just not pictured here.) Those minis should be easy to find, though, I'm not quite sure what a D&D Mystic is; does anyone have a description of this class (it's from 1st edition "Basic" D&D)?

Once I have all the figures, maybe I'll find myself a copy of the first or second edition rules, get a group, some graph paper, a basement and some Mt. Dew, and have an old-school dungeon crawl session.

3 comments:

  1. Mystic was Basic's version of Advanced's Monk but slightly more magical if I recall correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfull...just wonderfull...the colours!!! ..I love em :-D
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Fabian! I guess I'll just use my monk figure then.
    I'll have to post a pic of everything when it's ALL done.

    Paul- Yeah- the colors just worked for me on these. That and the photo turned out great; I did almost NO Photoshop work on this (just cropping and re-sizing). The lighting and the camera's color/white balance were just all in perfect sync for this photo. Maybe the minis gods want me to do more fantasy? I'm certainly not against it.

    ReplyDelete