You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Update: Aug. 19, 2009

I've been working on the odd figure here and there. It's been a busy week at work, so nothing has been finished just yet.
I have a week of furlough coming up in September, so I'm trying to think of a small project to undertake. One possibility: I've done a dead mammoth using Sculpey, so I'm thinking of trying a live mammoth. It would be a challenge; I know I can get the anatomy down ok, but I have to get the movement correct as well. I also would cook it in layers, mostly so I can sculpt the fur on a solid model without risk of leaving unwanted fingerprints.
Otherwise, I may just purchase a couple figures to paint for the week. I DO have other stuff planned for the week. Maybe a trip, possibly some painting in the wild (painting some landscape in watercolor.)
In the meantime, I'll try to get a couple figures painted and posted. Don't forget to check out my gallery on Flickr.

2 comments:

  1. Loved your original butchered mammoth, inspired me to get some air drying clay.

    How about a mammoth in a pit trap, only half the sculpting?

    All the best Airhead

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo, great idea, especially for playing Tusk. Along the same lines, I think a mammoth struggling in a tar pit would be fun (and easy) too, if only as a mini diorama.

    ReplyDelete