You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Saturday, July 7, 2012

Machinas: Chevys and a Divco

Here are three more vehicles. The first is an Ahead class Saint Chevy's Fleetline (based on a '47 Chevy Fleetline.) I didn't do anything special with this one. Honestly, I rushed these three so I could get to my new favorite, which is still on the painting table. I gave this Fleetline some simple brass rod, low-calibre guns - I'm not particualr to this car, in fact, I almost decided to turn it into a wreck. But it survived and will see a few races, I'm sure.

The next vehicle is another pickup truck, a 1952 Chevy (Thunder class). Those rocket pods may look familiar; with the addition of this truck and my 53 Cadillac (on the painting table), both of which have cargo beds, I have space enough to permanently place all the extra bits I made. This truck got the rocket pods. The 53 Caddy got the .50 Cal., and the original truck got my tow rig.
I like the lines on this truck. If I could own a restored classic car, it would probably be one of these old pickups. Pretty lines, room for me and a friend, no computer chips, and space in the back for whatever your imagination can think of ... in this case, a pair of rocket pods.

The last vehicle for today is based on a Divco delivery truck (Seer class). I was actually surprised with this vehicle; it's Hot Wheels just like all the others, but it's a slightly larger scale (on par with Jadas). So I painted it brown-ish to make it reminiscent of UPS delivery trucks (as seen in the U.S.)
The conversion includes a turret with base on the front (made with greenstuff and brass rod) as well as a ball-mount tail gun (I'll have to do some multi-view photos of these, so you can see), also made with green stuff and brass rod gun barrels. This is the largest vehicle of my collection.

1 comment:

  1. Super! I used to be carted around town in my grandmother's '47 Chev Sedan...but it didn't look like yours at all!

    ReplyDelete