You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Sunday, July 29, 2012

Machinas: A little more sporty


This particular car had a large spoiler on the back, but it was fixed to the rear engine cover. No biggie; I just removed both the spoiler and the cover and left the engine uncovered.

I originally planned to have the twin maxim guns poking out of the windshield, but they fit perfectly into the notch left on the roof after I removed the spoiler and fairing.

The last vehicle sitting on the table is my '58 Buick station wagon. At this point, I have four cars for each Machinas class, so I'm going to go ahead and do this station wagon as a retro homage to the Griswold's family truckster from "Vacation." I looked at some pictures of the truckster, and there are a lot of wood panels on that car. So I'm going to have to take my time painting this. I'm also probably not going to add the extra headlights up front (unless I can figure out how to do it and make it look good.)

No comments:

Post a Comment