You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Monday, July 30, 2012

Machinas: Vacation '58


The Queen Wagon Family Truckster turned out better than I hoped. It was inspired by the station wagon from the movie "Vacation," which was, in turn, inspired by the 1958 Plymouth station wagon from the original short story "Vacation '58."

The headlights, once I worked out a technique, were easy to throw together. The seems were hidden with paint. The wood panels are all just painted on. The luggage is made from green stuff and bass wood.

This car is the last of the Machinas cars I'll be doing for a while. I have 21 cars (not including three I took out of the mix) plus two large trucks; that should be plenty to choose from for playing Machinas.

I'm not quite sure what I will be working on next, but I have a few individual fantasy figures on the table that need to be painted soon. They're all Reaper (including one from the Bones range- I'll post some notes on that range when I finish that figure.) I'll probably get a start on those figures soon. Having backed the "Airborne in Your Pocket" game on Kickstarter, I may also look for a WWII figure to paint up to serve as my playing piece. There's one from Reaper that looks more Army, but I think I can convert it easily enough.

2 comments:

  1. Nice job on the paneling. This has been a really neat project. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The Griswold's car!
    Rusty Griswold: Wow dad, we must have jumped that rail by like 50 yards.
    Clark: Nothing to be proud of Russ...
    [pauses as Rusty walks away]
    Clark: [proudly] ... 50 yards...

    ReplyDelete