You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Saturday, July 21, 2012

Machinas: WIP Chevy Quads


I was at Kmart to pick up a birthday card for a friend of mine, and I saw this 53 Chevy there. I already have a 53 Chevy, so I chopped the top from this one. Filled in and leveled off some greenstuff, then added the quad AA guns.

These AA guns and the two turrets on my Battle Wagon are all mounted the same way (a long brass rod), so they are all interchangeable. I can move this quad mount to the truck and put one of the tank turrets on this car (though they honestly look "wrong" on the car ... as if the AA guns looked "right.")

This was built in an afternoon. I hope my Willys and Karmann Ghia get here quick before I end up buying more than I have space for in the case. (Honestly, the paint on these is holding up pretty well, so I don't mind tossing a couple cars in the case "loose.")

2 comments:

  1. Very nice work...but to modify a '53 Chevy like that?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other one I have got nice treatment, so this one got nice firepower :)

    ReplyDelete