You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Friday, June 22, 2012

How the hell did I do that??

This is a follow-up to my post about Kobblestone; Apparently, I forgot that I did try making my own false-front building before. Not only that, but I tried doing it in forced perspective- and I think I did a pretty damned good job of it.

I think this was about three or four years ago, I threw this together. And it was specifically for lining the back of my bookshelf housing my fantasy miniatures. I only got around to building this one front.

But, Lord only knows, how the hell did I do it?? I can't remember. I certainly couldn't have just bumbled my way into this piece. I suck at math, though I aced Geometry. Still, I can't think how I did this, otherwise, I think I'd might make more.

(On a side note, does anyone know who makes nice figure flats (for a decent price)? I was thinking of trying my hand at it. Specifically, I was thinking of using flats for playing Two Hour Wargame's Joust game. I guess my Google-fu isn't that bad; I'll have a look around.)

3 comments:

  1. Honestly if you didn't add the second picture I would have sworn it was a whole building. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. deconstruct it, as that might spark some memories...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you might have used a single perspective point, and built in order to support that. I think it's likely you did it by eye, I'm not positive though....

    This is a great idea, one I think I will be stealing for something!

    ReplyDelete