You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Sunday, June 10, 2012

Post Apoc: Our great savior, The Oppenheimer, Bringer of Light

All hail Oppenheimer, bringer of light!

This was an easy model to paint. First of all, the pedestal was recycled (oh yeah, I was lazy today) from an older statue I had made for a terrain contest at our local FLSG (I won second place.)

I glued the 60mm Marx figure (from the Lassie set I think) to the pedestal, primed the whole construction- flock and all- then painted him up.

I painted the pedestal first with a base of tan. I then stippled lighter and lighter layers one upon the other.

I used the same technique on the bronze statue, except I started with Foundry Storm Blue as a base coat, then I mixed in more and more amounts of light green, layering the statue with more stippling.

The statue represents the main deity of my post-apoc world, "The Oppenheimer." Everyone (except the Waiteri tribes) in Septimontium worships The Oppenheimer as the bringer of light and creator of the world.

1 comment: