You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Friday, April 7, 2023

Samurai house


Test of Honour requires at least 2 or 3 buildings for many of the missions (and the core game does come with some flats to represent buildings and terrain,) but I game in 40mm, and there are not a lot of 40mm building options. So I build my own. Here are a couple new structures I've added.


They were straightforward to build -- I used matt board with a pebbled texture (it was sold that way), measured it, cut it (and the windows and doors), and wrapped it around a wooded base (for strength and stability.) I added several pieces of basswood strips for the exterior beams and frames. Add paint and almost done.

The roofs were simply pre-molded plastic styrene sheets meant for model railroading. I used Spanish Tile sheets. A few companies make them -- Plastruct, JTT Miniatures, and Precision Products (dollhouse company.) I used JTT. I primed and painted the sheets, built basic roof frames to fit each building, and then simply used a hot glue gun to affix the sheets to the frame.

I used my old building as reference for measurements specifically because I wanted the walls and doorways to all match so that the structures could be combined to make one or two larger buildings. Several of those configurations are shown. I want to add one more structure -- a small square hallway section -- for even more combinations.






No comments:

Post a Comment