You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Thursday, February 12, 2009

Proton packs: Construction is done!


I had the energy enough to finish building these proton packs this evening, meaning I can mount them to the figures and begin priming tomorrow morning! It's difficult to see, but the wires on these packs are made from hot foam cutter wire. Very thin and VERY sharp as my finger found out. Ever been impaled by a staple? Worse than that- YOW!
The guns didn't turn out as good as I had hoped, but they are adequate, and I'm certainly not dissappointed. I'm glad I made it this far. I think the paint will bring it all together nicely.

2 comments:

  1. An excellent DIY! I'm bookmarking your site so if I ever find that 16" Stay-Puft figure, I'll have a reference for building the proton packs.

    ReplyDelete