You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Danu Warrior

This is not part of my D&D Classes collection, but it is a figure I used as a D&D character about 10 years ago. I forgot what class (or multiclass) I played. I figured he'd be a nice addition to the other figures in my small fantasy collection. In fact, I have all but one of the figures I've used in D&D (I even have one from when I played 2nd edition.) The one figure I'm missing, I know which make and manufacturer it is; I should just get another copy and paint'em up. Maybe, if I remember, I'll post a group shot of all my D&D characters along with my post for when I finish my D&D Classes project.


This figure's cloak is painted up straight-up with Foundry Storm Blue. This was close to the color it was originally (before I stripped it down to repaint this week.) I also chose Storm blue to get a little practice as well as see how it looked on a cloak, because I plan to use storm blue on my sorcerer (which IS for my D&D project.) I want my sorcerer to be blue since my wizard is predominantly orange, so that they could "compliment" each other.

I'm also painting a couple other fantasy figures that are not part of the D&D project, one of which is another old Confrontation figure. I have a lot of'em (just about the whole Sessair collection.) Maybe I'll dig a few more out later if the D&D project goes well and fast. They are challenging to paint, but I enjoy painting them, and Rackham's figures reward a patient brush.

Also: I found out Monks in 1st edition (AD&D) were proficient with spears, so I'm keeping my original monk in this project. I've also chosen druid and warlock figures; they've been ordered and should be shipped soon. And that's all the figures I need to complete all the D&D core classes from original to 4th ed. Next up here should be either the sorcerer or the bard.

No comments:

Post a Comment