You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Random dinosaurs

The creative block was strong today, so I painted up a random pair of parasaurolophuses.

(And in case you're wandering what that dark line down the center is; that's the center of the page spread in my sketchbook. I like to draw and paint across both pages.)


6 comments:

  1. Very nice. The trees remind me of Bill Waterson's, vivid and life like, while at the same time merely an approximation of the true tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks- and yep, I was going for that Watterson look.

      Delete
    2. Bingo! You nailed it, in my opinion. As in, I saw it myself before even reading the comments.

      Delete
  2. I'm amazed at the colors scientists have come up with for dinosaurs.

    The newest scientific research speculates feathers on dinosaurs! Those will be fun to paint. How we picture dinosaurs has changed since I was a kid in the 50s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heck, how we picture dinosaurs has changed since I was a kid in the 80s! I'm still not used to the whole feathers thing, it looks funny to me. And all my 28mm pulp dinos are the old-school lizardskin kind, feathers are too new-fangled for pulp!

    ReplyDelete