You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Monday, February 2, 2015

Rogue Planet: The Red Flyer


It's been difficult to get back into painting after a month away from it. I had to force myself to finish that latest Zombicide survivor. It snowed heavily here in Iowa this weekend, and the weather looks to be nice and icy for the time being, so maybe that will be the boost I need to get back into the craft.

This is the final of my 54mm Rogue Planet figures.The dollie and weapons are from Bronze Age Miniatures. I used green stuff to add the armor, padding and pants. The rocket pack was made from bits and pieces from here and there.
I'll try to get a group shot of all of my new Rogue Planet figures soon. When I can get around to finally playing, I'll be using my post-apoc gladiators to fill out the bulk of the Rogue Planet forces. My new RP figures all bring ranged weapons into the equation.

In the meantime, I'm still following a few Kickstarters. If you haven't seen them yet, I ask that you take a look at Alphabeast Soup (by Andy Hopp of Lowlife fame,) Space Cadets (a neat little retro scifi game -- not too flashy, but the gameplay looks fun,) and, of course, Conan. To whet your whistle, here is a group shot of some of my current Conan figures.


1 comment: