You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Zombicide: Rue Morgue survivors


I finally got the finishing touches on a couple of these figures, and have finished all of the survivors from the Zombicide: Rue Morgue box. The four figures to the right  (and one in the back-center) are part of my "Gypsy" tribe (from the movie "Bounty Killer.") I plan to add one or two more members to the tribe.

Next on the table will be the skinner zombies. I painted up a few prototypes; I'll have to check my notes again to remember what colors I used. It's important to keep a painting journal, especially if you have to repair chipped paint, for example, a few years down the road, and you've forgotten what colors you used.
For the skinners, I may post a progress report, but more likely, I'll just post the whole bunch when they're all done.

Kickstarters

Hey, remember Alphabeast Soup? No? If you haven't already, check it out on Kickstarter! It's an alphabet book, but by artist and Lowlife RPG creator Andy Hopp.
Yeah, I'm pimpin' it pretty hard, but it's a project that Andy has been working on for a while, and I think it'd be nice to see it come to fruition.




Space Cadets: Away Missions has had a few issues with jumpy backers dropping out because they're not getting enough free stuff, but I urge you to take a look; they've revamped in a BIG way. The 5th and 6th figure stretch goals have been lowered a lot, and a painted-minis pledge level has been added (factory painted and only the rocketeer figures, but only $20 more for the pledge.)
Check it out. You like? Then help it out!

1 comment:

  1. These survivors turned out great! It's amazing you did most of the work with drybrushing?? How did you keep the colors so neat and separate?? Did you use a small drybrush or special brush, if you don't mind me asking? I want to attempt to paint my survivors this way because it gives them the perfect weathered look needed. I don't have much experience with drybrushing though so any advice would be much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete